I always cook too many potatoes which then leaves me with too much mashed potatoes. With all the left overs, I usually make cheesy pancakes.
Beside the usual way of using my left over mashed potatoes, I started to look on Pinterest to see if I can make something different. Lo and behold, I found it. The recipe is called “Mashed Potato Puffs”. I modified the recipe a little. I used what I had on hand.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of dices ham
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 355 F. Spray muffin pan really well with Pam.
- Whisk together the mashed potatoes, eggs, cheddar cheese, and ham. You may need to season or not, it will depend if your mashed potatoes are already season.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese and bake in oven for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and gently release with a spoon.